16 September 2007

Hallelujah!


I just got out of church and do you know that the ice water I had left in there during service STILL HAD ICE IN IT when I got out?!? And Rob preached today! :) It was a good solid two hours! And you know I was in late service... so it didn't melt, even by NOON!

I never thought I'd see the day again, that I myself wasn't a melted mess by noon! Thank God for fall ~ Ahhhhhhhh ~ how nice to breathe once again.

You know, we're told in Ecclesiastes that "there is a time for everything, a season for every activity under heaven."

A time for Summer.

A time for Fall.

A time for our endurance to be tested (Jodi wouldn't correlate this with Summer, but this is my blog and I do).

And a time for sweet relief! (of course, this would be Fall for me).

So, why is it, every year I'm always so excitedly surprised when Fall actually comes back around? Like I had convinced myself that the sweltering Summer would somehow just last forever?

It may just be me, but when I'm in a season of any testing, it's so hard for me to imagine that I'll ever see that season of sweet relief. But, I suppose that's the whole point of faith. Believing that which is often contrary to what you can actually see and feel.

"It's believing:

~in the sun even when it doesn't shine
~in love even when you don't feel it
~in God even when He is silent"

~in Fall, even on the 110 degree days!

And maybe one day, I won't be so surprised by my beloved, Fall when it rolls back around and instead knowingly look forward to it in the throes of my dreaded Summer.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Faith is being sure of what you hope for and certain of what you do not see. (Hebrews 11:1)

And I notice you're sure enjoying your new camera, aren't you?

Anonymous said...

Yeah, I do love summer, but gotta say that yesterday and today have been awesome and we are enjoying being outside again...A LOT!!!