12 June 2006


"Bloom where you're planted":

My sister tells of a recent trip to the store... with kids in tow, they pass a sweet older woman, and as she looks longingly at the 3 of them, she states: "These are the best days of your life." It struck a chord with Jodi and now it hits home to me as well.

How many of us spend countless time, either longing for the past, or anxiously awaiting 'better times ahead'? It's easy to do, but "this is the day the Lord has made. (He wants us to) rejoice and be glad in it!" It's a real gift to have memories to look back on and cherish, as well as a healthy desire for great things in the future, but gazing too long in either direction can often cause you to stumble from the step you are on (Stormie O'Martian). And I feel quite assured by this point, that regardless of whether you've gotten yourself to the step you're on, or you seem to have been 'placed there', there's something to be gained from each and every step along the way. IF we are willing to seek it out.

In speaking with my friend Jessie tonight, she reminded me that "life is what you make of it". If you manage to make the best of each moment, you'll get the most from it. Very true.

That is why, today, as I continue to wait for Mr. Right (God-willing) I will be thankful that I was able to watch cheesy ABC Family girly movies all day, with just one little load of laundry to be done, and not having to worry about what to do for dinner! :) (Which, if you're curious, was pretty much cookie dough and a glass of water.) I'm sure, one day, I will look back on even these moments with a tinge of longing, but then hopefully be able to counter them with an appreciation that even these 'good old days' aren't good forever! Just good for now. :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the deeper insight into Jodi's blog. At first, I only thought of the time in my life when you girls were that small. Yes, it's a fond memory. But you are both so much more to me now! And I thought of Gram and her attitudes on living in the present. And now I can concentrate on my life today. Looks like it's going to be a good one!