03 March 2008

Well, no sucker for me...


I finally made it to a doctor today and I didn't exactly fair as well as I had hoped. I won't know any test results for a couple of days, but I just didn't fair well getting the tests taken!

But, I had warned them.

Knowing that I would most assuredly be giving blood today, I opted not to eat anything for breakfast. Doctor said that was good. But, seeing as I'm already in there for feeling faint and I'm already not good with needles... that on top of an empty stomach... not so good.

Sure enough, I get back there, and one minute into it, my whole world just goes blank and I just hear voices. "Nurse... don't go far." "I don't like her color." (or lack thereof) "We're almost done." "Here, drink some water." "Lay your head down." "Go get that fan for her." ... FINALLY, it's all but said and done and I start coming back around. Sitting in a chair this whole time, mind you! Albeit slumped over!! And between the cold damp rag on the back of my neck and the cold breeze from the fan, I started feeling much better.

They said "Well, she did warn us." : )

Hey. I do what I can.

My memory verse for the ride up there:

Isaiah 40:31 ~

but those who hope in the Lord
will renew their strength.
They will soar on wings like eagles;
they will run and not grow weary,
they will walk and not be faint.

I guess that wasn't necessarily meant to be taken in the most literal sense.

Not in my case anyway.

Let's just hope this one blood test carries me through for awhile. I don't want to have to go through that again any time soon.

3 comments:

Brad and Shana said...

Again, it amazes me how alike we are. I used to have trouble with needles myself. I'm okay with them now, but it used to be a big deal. But, I've had a couple of fainting spells as well and I HATE that feeling. Yuck!! Afterwards, its kind of comical how all the nurses freak out and dote over you, but during it, it's awful.

I hope this test will get to the bottom of it and get you some answers.....some answers that are easily remedied.

You picked a great song to accompany the post, that song got me through some rough times too......may you feel HIM holding you constantly!!

-Shana

Brad and Shana said...

P.S. - Just one more thing (have you figured out I'm long winded)

I LOVED the graphic/picture that you used--Hilarious!! But, I think anyone that passes out during a blood draw deserves, at the very least, a sucker!!

Treat yourself to you favorite!!

Shana

Anonymous said...

I've gotten used to being "stuck" after many years of it, but that's how I felt when I gave blood last month. You're right...NOT a good feeling! Hope it turns out to have been worth it in giving you some answers and some help. Love you.