13 March 2008

One Moment at a Time


Well, I may not be as on-track as I would like to be, but God is still here with me. He reminded me of that first thing this morning.
Last night, in looking at Nancy Guthrie's website and listening to one of her sound bytes on there... (basically, still avoiding my homework) I ended up in 1 Peter. And though she was speaking on chapter 4 verses 1 and 2 my eyes wandered over to something I had underlined many moons ago now. 1 Peter 5:6-7 ~ Humble yourselves, therefore, under God's mighty hand, that He may lift you up in due time. Cast all your anxiety on Him because He cares for you.
"Wow. Great reminder. Thank you, Father. I'll have to commit that one to memory this week."
I go to bed.
Then, this morning, having the opportunity to sleep in a later than usual (as I had to work to close tonight) I rolled over and thought: 'Oh. It's 9:30. Ravi Zacharias is coming on. I need to turn on the radio.'
Well, it happened to be a minute or two before, because I turned it on just as Anne Graham Lotz was coming on. She just has a little 'thought' for the day before Ravi comes on. Not long at all. Literally, just a moment of scripture and a thought she shares at the end.
Well, she no sooner said "1 Peter 5:6-7" and my eyes were just brimming up. It was like God was there, just saying "Just in case you might have forgotten while you slept... or just in case you were wondering if it's really true... I assure you, I have you in my hand and I truly do care."
What a wake-up call, huh. :)
It's said that the devil's in the details... well, it appears that God's not too far from them either!
Then, on my way to work, Mercy Me came on the radio with "Here With Me". And I found even more comfort in those words. I thought about my 'wake-up call' and how I felt His presence right there with me. Then, I thought "Here in this moment, I surrender" - that's all I really have to worry about. This moment.


Here With Me

I long for Your embrace
Every single day
To meet You in this place
And see You face to face

Will You show me?
Reveal Yourself to me
Because of Your mercy
I fall down on my knees

And I can feel Your presence here with me
Suddenly I'm lost within Your beauty
Caught up in the wonder of Your touch
Here in this moment ~ I surrender to Your love

You're everywhere I go
I am not alone
You call me as Your own
To know You and be known

You are holy
And I fall down on my knees

I can feel Your presence here with me
Suddenly I'm lost within Your beauty
Caught up in the wonder of Your touch
Here in this moment ~ I surrender to Your love

I surrender to Your grace
I surrender to the One who took my place

I can feel Your presence here with me
Suddenly I'm lost within Your beauty
Caught up in the wonder of Your touch
Here in this moment I surrender:

I can feel Your presence here with me
Suddenly I'm lost within Your beauty
Caught up in the wonder of Your touch

Here in this moment ~ I surrender to Your love

2 comments:

ocean mommy said...

Oh Jess..He is speaking in themes to you isn't He!!

I'm praying that His peace will cover you and that you will experience Him like never before.

Blessings,
steph.

Michele said...

Such beautiful pictures, Jess! You are growing so much! What a great way to use this time you have to grow closer to the Lord. You have opened that door!