There's a first time for everything!I have never been one to get into the whole New Year's Resolution craze. But, actually before this year even started, I already had some 'good intentions' in mind, so I might as well call a spade a spade and chalk 'em up to Resolutions.
Now, who's to say how any of them will pan out or how long they will last (if they ever get started), but at this point, I'm game.
So, here's to 2008 and here (in no particular order) are my Top Ten Resolutions to work on!
1. Pay my bills as soon as they come (or at least as soon as I can) instead of waiting 'till the last possible day and then hoping they get there by the due date! (I know, like.... DUH)
2. Turn the t.v. off more (or better yet, just leave it off). I believe most nights it is the main culprit for my laziness and why I don't ever do anything productive at night! (Even though I'm a major night-owl and could get major things done, it never fails - I end up just sitting on the sofa flipping channels just hoping to find something actually worth watching! - usually not very successful.) Maybe I'd even get some of those fore-mentioned books read!
3. Set aside a specific time to do my daily devotion/bible study (I wish I was a morning person, but I do so much better with that at night before bed - it's just a matter of turning off that darned t.v.!)
4. Go through my mounds of old paperwork (bills, check stubs...) and get them all shredded and GONE.
5. Figure out my camera and how to better use for things other than still-life!
6. Make more to-do lists... I think that would give me a much greater sense of what needs to be done and accomplishment when you get to check things off (it's always worked for Jodi!)
7. Try folding my clothes right out of the dryer, for a change, instead of heaping them on the sofa, letting them get all nice and wrinkled and just digging through the pile all week to see what I want to wear! (You'd think I lived in a frat house, but when it's just you, who cares! :) One of the perks to living alone, I suppose. ... or is it? I don't know...)
8. Finish transferring the rest of my millions of cd's over to my I-Pod.
9. Figure out what all I need to do to get my new computer hooked up and going and get onto DSL, so I can actually keep up better with my blogging and emailing without either pulling my hair out or having to take over my parents' computer.
10. Continue to enlighten you all with future Top Ten Lists (assuming I get #9 nipped in the bud, that is!)