BOOK 'MEME'I’ve been tagged for a meme by Jodi. And although I don't read at the same pace that I buy books... here are some that I've managed to read in the recent past.
1. One book that changed your life ~ My Bible (Can I get an "AMEN?!") :)
2. One book that you have read more than once ~ I don't know if there are any that I have actually read all the way through more than once, but I have several that I keep on hand for a quick re-reference back to. The one I turn back to most is "Just Enough Light for the Step I'm On" by Stormie O'Martian.
3. One book you would want on a deserted Island ~ "Streams in the Desert" - can't go any time at all without that one.
4. One book that made you laugh ~ The two-part series: "Dreaming in Black and White" and "Dreaming in Technicolor" by Laura Jensen Walker.
5. One book that made you cry ~ "Left to Tell" by Immaculee Ilibagiza (and I will just say one more time, for the record... if you have not yet read this amazing account of her experience during the Rwandan Genocide, you must check it out. She is just an incredible woman with extraordinary faith and resolve!)
6. One book that you wish had been written ~ I'm sure if there's anything I could come up with, there's a book on it somewhere.
7. One book that you wish had never been written ~ The one that comes to mind now, because of its sudden attention is "The Golden Compass".
8. One book you are currently reading ~ One? Are you kidding me?? Let's see... right now, I've got just a few going... "Free Inside and Out" by Luci Swindoll and Marilyn Meberg, "Glory Revealed" by David Nasser, "When the Game is Over, it all goes back in the Box" by John Ortberg, "Holding onto Hope" by Nancy Guthrie, and "Facing Your Giants" by Max Lucado (just to name a select few I read regularly).
9. One book you have been meaning to read ~ As daunting as it is, I'd like to get into “Redeeming Love” by Francine Rivers, too.