03 May 2007




Proof that I am NOT
a Morning Person!
*
*
***********
***********
Do not judge, lest you be judged. ~ I'm sure I've heard something along those lines at some point in my life. And today that's all I could think of, as I was just talking about how crazy all these other people were the other day, and then today was humbly reminded... I have no room to talk!!
*
For starters, I had to get up at 7:00 (not something I'm accustomed to) to make sure to get L'il Bit to the vet on time for her 'procedure'. Doing good on time, I was all but ready to go when I dropped my curling iron (on the absolute last curl, thankfully!) and smashed it in the sink. I mean, it had seriously curled its last curl.
*
Then, I had to get my sweet girl all crated up and ready to hit the road (poor thing... of course, she couldn't have been sweeter all night last night, even though she hadn't had food or water! Made me feel bad taking her after that). But, she did okay. Got her to the vet. They tacked on several more charges (bloodwork and what-not...) and I went on my way. With plenty of time left to get to work, I decided to go get my over-due oil change.
*
Anticipating the long, usual wait, I swung back by my place to pick up my Games magazine to work on. Headed on up the road and got all checked-in. ...30 minute wait is all? Wow. That's great. So, I got crackin' on my crosswords. About 25 minutes into it, I realized my right shoe heel kept clunking on the floor... then I thought, Wait... what shoes did I decide on this morning?... THEN I REALIZED... I never DID decide!! I had put one of each on to see which I liked better with my outfit and then just kept on going!!! And not ONCE did I think about it until sitting in that chair at Big 10 Tires. I decided... play it cool. Odds are these guys in the waiting room won't notice. Then, the workers called in the room "Ms. Simmons... we're gonna need to change your air filter... it's really dirty."
*
Now, if you know me, you know that those are NOT the words I want to hear from my mechanics!! To me, it spells out loud and clear "Yeah, Ma'am, I see that you are someone who CLEARLY doesn't know a thing about cars, so why don't we just get an easy $20 from ya." I was so irritated. I generally use this place because I've always appreciated their honesty, but the usual guys weren't there. And these guys were obviously out to get all the money they could get from me.
*
So, then, not only did I have to 'play cool', like I meant to wear two mis-matched shoes (pictured above -the lovely brown ones- you can tell just how different they are!) I also had to show that I was not at all happy over the whole air filter scam.
*
They finally finished. I finally got my keys. I clicked and clunked myself to the car and thought: What nerve! What makes them think that they can fool me into a dumb air filter, anyway?! ... to which I could only reply to myself: Well, look at your feet for starters, you MoMo!
*
But, thankfully, I had time to swing back by my apartment and could swap shoes. Not only for the sake of my pride which had flown out the window with all my money, seeing as I'd already been to the vet's office, back to my apartment, and up to Big 10) but I had also neglected to put my other cat's food and water back out for the day! (Since the little one couldn't have any, I had to have it all put up.)
*
Oh, well. Now you can see why I'm not all that good at the matching-up picture puzzles, Mom! :) ...and why I am NOT a morning person!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear you had a ruff day, however I hope you wore the brown ones on the right... they are too CUTE!! :) Big Hugs, Michelle

Jess said...

I did. :)
I guess I should be proud that I at least had them on the correct feet!! (I think I've been hanging with Savannah too much!) :)

Dianne said...

Okay....WAY weird....guess what...I had my oil changed at Big 10 this week too! Sometimes there are just too many coincidences between our lives, don't you think? :-)

Funny post about the shoes too...my friend Gina did that about a month ago and felt the same way you did...how funny!