15 April 2008

The Power of "We"

Wow. Does anyone else feel like believers are under particular attack right now?

After having a great day all day yesterday (even having to work my usual day off), I found myself coming up on 11:00 this morning just thinking: "Okay... what just happened?" Things just got off-kilter. Know what I mean?

So, I pressed through the day, making the most of it still wondering: "How did today turn out so different from yesterday? What changed?"

And with a heavy heart and (of course) anxious mind, I got home and logged on to read all my favorite blogs. And I quickly realized that I am certainly not alone in the struggle! So many concerns and needs and hurts and questions.

So, I went over to LPM for some encouragement to listen to Beth's lesson on Romans 8:28. You know the one. We all know it. C'mon, say it with me...

"And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are called according to His purpose."

Sounds pretty good, huh.
But, honestly, how many of us truly know that we know that we know this in our hearts as well as our minds? Especially on those difficult days.

Just as I was feeling pretty convicted about not feeling it 100% after the day I'd had, Beth reassured that many times it is easy to doubt and waver when going it alone. But, reminded us of the 'little' word "we" that starts out that scripture. "We". The family of believers. "We". Each of us on respective journeys of our own. "We". All connected through one incredibly strong thread of belief. "We".

Now, I don't know if you're feeling as blessed by that as I am, but my first thought was of all the amazing people I've met through this blog and who have encouraged as well as inspired me. And all the wonderfully supportive ladies I've had the pleasure of getting to know through bible studies at church.

One could say it all boils down to the old adage: "misery loves company", but for Christians it's so much more than that. It's a body, working together as one. All with a common purpose. A common drive. And One Heavenly Father, Who lovingly embraces that body through each and every step to be sure that all the craziness that life brings along the way turns out for good, because we love Him (despite the pain and confusion).

Thank You, Father for blessing me with such an awesome "we".
Amen.

1 comment:

Brad and Shana said...

It is very biblical to share in one another's burdens, and to rejoice with anothers victories.

I'm so glad that WE ARE ALL in this together.

Even the Father himself was a "we"- being Father, Son, and Spirit.

By the way, Twila Paris has a song of this verse...if you wanted to add it while this post is playing. I think it's called, "all things work together" or something like that.

Shana